Education Services Office
The Alaska National Guard Education Services Office administers educational benefits to the men and women serving in the National Guard and Naval Militia.
Our many programs and services are outlined in this site.
The mission of the Education Services Office is to support the voluntary civilian education programs of the members of the Alaska National Guard and Naval Militia. Civilian education is related directly to recruiting and retaining quality service members, enhancing their career progression, both military and civilian, and increasing the combat readiness.
Attaining your Educational Goals
Whether interested in earning an Associates, Bachelors, or Masters Degree, the Education Office is here to help. The difficult process, the many forms, can be confusing and discouraging to new students.
As a member of the National Guard and Naval Militia, you might be eligible to receive educational benefits through the Montgomery G.I. Bill.
For More Information, Call Toll-Free 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or Visit the GI Bill Web Site at http://www.gibill.va.gov.
Other Services Available
- Troops to Teachers
- Educational Counseling
- Degree Planning
- Apprenticeship, Vocational Training & OJT programs
Start off right, contact the Education Office today!
State Education Office
- Phone: (907)428-6228/6477
- Email: NGAK-EDUSERVICESOFFICE@NG.ARMY.MIL
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/AKEducationOffice
- Make An Appointment
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday: 0800-1600
- Open weekends when JFHQ drills 1000 – 1400 (Appointments are recommended over drill weekends)
Wing Education and Training Office
- 176th WG-Education Office: (907)551-0230, (907)551-0231
- 176th WG-Retention Office (GI Bill): (907)551-0238
- 168th WG- Education Office: (907)377-8748
- 168th WG- Retention Office (GI Bill): (907)377-8736